Monday, July 11, 2011

Wonderful Counselor


Today, I felt the need to continue on Professor Horner's bible-reading system. I had started this before coming to seminary and stopped when things got busy here. I trust God will use all ten chapters of today to shape me and mold me into a better servant of his glory. Here are some prayers in respect to each chapter...

Mark 16
Lord, help me to have faith in you. When times look dim and the situations look bleak, Father, help me to look to your power and glory. Help me to preach the Gospel with boldness and passion, knowing that you are the worker behind salvation.

Genesis 8
Heavenly Father, let the patience and persistence of Noah to learn your will be given to me. Help me to know the way to best serve you and your glory. Enable me to trust that you are guiding me every step of the way.

Romans 8
Christ you have risen and you are alive. Allow me to focus on that truth and that power and that love which entails we will also share in your glory. No matter what type of hardships come my way, let me bear that with the hope that frees me to serve you without fail.

2 Thessalonians 3
I also pray with Paul that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored at Midwest Youth Group. Deliver us from evil and wicked people. Strengthen and protect us from the evil one. Direct our hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

Job 8(욥기 8)
하나님 아버지, 네 입에 웃음으로 채워주세요. 힘들지만 항상 예수그리스도를 바라 보는 사람을 만들어 주세요.

Psalms 8(시편 8)
주께서 저를 생각하셔서 감사합니다. 저는늘 하나님의 뜻데로 못살고, 제 맘데로 사라가는데, 하나님의 은헤가늘 제 인생에 넘침니다.

Proverbs (잠언 8)
날마다 지혜의 문을 기다리면서, 생명과 여호와께 은총을 얻을 수있도록 인도해주세오.

Joshua 16 (여호수아 16)
아버지, 역사를 움지기는 하나님... 저에 작은 믿음을 백 배가 되께해주세요. Let the glory of your riches provide comfort in my wilderness...

Isaiah 9(이사야 9)
예수님을 보네줘서 감사합니다. 주의 이름은 기묘자, 모사, 전능하신 하나님, 영존하시는
아버지, 평강의 왕은 겄을 항상 기역할수 있도록 해주세요.

Acts 9
Father lead me like Philip to my Ethiopian eunuchs. Help me preach the Gospel always. Let the good news be apparent in my words as well as my actions.

Lord, you have led me today to reflect on your glory. The risen Savior, Jesus Christ, is who I am to look at. He is the goal of my life and my direction. Father, I pray you fix my eyes on the wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace. I trust my life and my burdens and my worries all in your hands like a child who is powerless to protect himself, weak in strength, but knowing that my Father in Heaven wields authority like none other. Remind me that you will always remember me. Remind me that you will work things for my good. Remind me that you will protect me from all the arrows of the evil one. In Christ's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment