Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Give Thanks

Most people write blogs during the beginning of the day. I guess I'm not most people...

Today I woke up rather late and decided I needed to enjoy the great weather God provided us today. I made some phone calls and played a nice game of singles and doubles of tennis. It was a great day to enjoy the outdoors.

After about an hour of studying for the Hebrew vocabulary quiz tomorrow, I decided I needed to thank God today for the great time I had with friends and fellow students here at seminary. Sometimes we get so bogged down in the academic environment that we forget the people around us who have so many interesting stories to tell us. I feel that most of the learning we are to have in seminary does not happen in the class room or lecture halls but in the dining table, where there is a fellowship of believers, sharing and testifying about the amazing God that we serve each day.

Thank you God for you grace today. Thank you for your love that sustains us each day. Lord, I pray you grant me an eternal perspective while I attend my duties as a student. Give me eyes to see the big picture of why I am studying these things. I rejoice in the diverse gifts you have given to your children. I pray that I live in awe of your majesty and glory. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment