Monday, April 11, 2011

God Works Through His Word

Today our Church History professor spoke about the Zwingli and the Zurich Reformation. He spoke about the belief that the primary way that God works is through the preaching of His Word. Then he asked a poignant question to all of the seminary students: “Do you believe when you preach that God is going to work through His Word? If you don't, don't preach.”

How often do we forget the power of the Word? I forget it was the Word that changed my life from a lover of the world and myself to a lover of God. It was the Word that sustained me during my first year of youth ministry with its ups and downs. It was the Word that brought life to my soul when I felt like I was in a spiritual desert. It has always been the Word that has been the fountain of refreshment. Today I will thank God for His Word. I will rejoice for the opportunity to reflect upon it, cherish it, meditate on it, and act on it. Today I will express my faith in the Word, not only through my mouth, but my the hands and feet will put into practice my belief in the power of God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment