Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Being A Mentor

For those of you who know me pretty well, you know that when it comes to Summer break, I have been very consistent in not making the greatest use of it in terms of productivity. This Summer has been a little different from the norm. First of all, I decided to schedule out my time and to sleep at regular hours. That first step was HUGE. Once I planned out how I was going to spend my Summer, I had to figure out how I was going to keep with that schedule. So I found another Pastor to help me. We both kept each other accountable by going to the library as soon as we woke up and had breakfast.

On Monday morning, I really did not want to wake up at 7:00am. After a long weekend at church, I felt like sleeping in. But I realized he would be waiting for me at the parking lot if I did not wake up. So I got up and dressed. The Pastor is a mentor to me. He has taught me a lot about life, God, and discipline. Being about 15 years older than me, he gives me guidance on everything.

Today I thank God for providing such a person in my life. His family is a blessing everyday for me. His friendship has taught me more than I could learn by reading books in seminary. Thank you Father for guiding me through relationships with your people. I pray Lord that you teach me how to be a giving person, especially in the way of mentoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment