Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rock of Ages

We all know the hymn, "Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me." One of the classic hymns that have been sung throughout centuries that have reminded us that we are so lost without Christ our Lord. I don't know about you, but as soon as I began youth ministry, I saw the head of Pride rear its ugly face in my life. It was my Ego and Pride that got in my walk with Christ.

Ministry has definitely taught me that I am nothing without my Savior who bled and died for me. All the fruit that comes from my efforts in ministry are a result of God working. I am nothing without His merciful hand touching my dead soul. I am nothing without His loving protection on my life...


To conclude, I would like to end with the third verse of this hymn:

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.


Praise be to our God, our Father, our Maker, our Shelter, our Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment