Friday, June 10, 2011

The Weekend

I know many of you are excited for the weekend. Songs like Friday by Rebecca Black do not exist without a reason. However, for me, it is not a time for partying or relaxation; rather, it is a time to get prepared for Friday Bible Study and eventually Sunday Worship.

I'll be honest with you... When it gets to be Friday, I began to worry a lot more about ministry related things. I start worrying about church attendance, participation in church related events, and whether or not the youth group kids will respond positively to the sermon. It all comes from my personality that tries to please people (This is something I have begun to realize about my personality more and more).

Therefore, I become irritable and oftentimes difficult to be around at this time. I think all types of worries and anxieties paralyze us from doing anything. We become so fixated on the worries themselves that we cannot live the life that God has offered us.

Today I have been reading from 1 Peter 5:1-11. The command from Peter to "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." God has been teaching me to put everything at his feet and express how much I need Him to shelter me and love me. Humility has been the biggest lesson I have learned... It isn't a lesson you want to learn either. I pray that I can believe the promise that by casting my worries and cares on him, the humbling of myself under the mighty power of God will eventually lead to the grace He promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment