Monday, June 6, 2011

I love you, O LORD, my strength

This week has been a long one with lots of ups and downs. After helping my friend out with her move, I had to also plan organize the Rummage Sale and help there. It was a packed week where I did not have a chance to have a Sabbath. Through the whole process though, I was able to come out in one-piece. Praise and glory be to God the Father who always shows his great mercy to me even when I am losing my focus!

Today I read from Psalm 18:1 that said, "I love you, O LORD, my strength" (NIV). How I forget where I should draw my strength from... Many times I do things from my strength and I am left tired and unfulfilled. I have learned this week that it is imperative we draw upon the strength God provides for us. If we try to live this life with our own planning, organization, strength, and mind, we will ultimately lose touch of why we are on this planet.

Thank you LORD because you refresh me each day and renew my strength. You give me hope to go another week, you give me joy in the midst of suffering, you give me grace that is eternal. Walk with me each day.

"Hold my hand all the way, every hour
Every day from here to the great unknown
Take my hand, let me stand
Like a king I may live in a palace"


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment